If you're going to wear it with a purpose, make it a fashion statement.
Made locally in Mississauga by a designer with a cause. Tagged with material and use indication. Proceeds go to the designer to help her buy supplies to continue making these for frontline workers.
- Fits snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Secured with soft jersey ear loops
- Pleated version includes four layers of tight-knit fabric including 2 interwoven layers, a pocket opening for additional filters
- Allows for breathing without restriction
- Can be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shape
To choose your size, measure from the tip of your nose to your chin. The approximate nose to chin measurements are below:
XS - 6.5 cm (typically for kids)
S - 7.5 cm
M - 8.5 cm
L - 9.5 CM
Be informed about the use of non-medical facemasks
"Canadians should wear non-medical masks when physical distancing is not possible. Non-medical face masks are a supplementary measure to be used when physical distancing is not possible. Hygiene measures, such as frequent handwashing, and staying at home as much as possible, are still necessary.” -
Theresa Tam, Chief Public Health Officer of Canada, May 21, 2020
Wearing a homemade facial covering/non-medical mask in the community has not been proven to protect the person wearing it and is not a substitute for physical distancing and hand washing. Read the Government of Canada's official notice, here.
Read about the science behind different materials as related to disease prevention, here.