3 Steps to Fixing Plantar Fasciitis
Home Exercise Program
- Warm up the tissue by rolling a sensory massage ball along the sole of the foot with a bit of pressure that causes mild discomfort. 5 mins
- Soleus stretch (with toe Aligners). Hold 30 seconds, repeat 5 times.
- Plantar fascia + Soleus stretch. Hold 10 seconds, repeat 10 times.
- Eccentric loading of plantar fascia. Downwards motion of heel over 6 seconds, up for 2 seconds. Repeat 15 times.
- Ice (crushed ice in a ziplock bag) 15mins on the bottom of the foot
- Avoid being barefoot, wear supportive and cushioned shoes.
- Plantar Fasciitis Night Splint
- Toe Aligners
- Sensory massage ball
- OS1st FS6 Compression sock
- Supportive Sandals
Professional Medical Care
There are many different reasons an individual develops plantar fasciitis. By understanding the root cause, an effective and customized treatment plan can be developed for the individual – resulting in a faster and more permanent recovery. Book a Body Align Assessment with us our team of foot specialists can help you effectively manage and treat your plantar fasciitis.